In the book Faithful Preaching by Tony Merida he listed out a great list of ten points of a great preacher. His list of preaching points are referenced from Martin Luther's table talks. The list has some obvious points like, "Be able to speak well." But it also lists some other great reminders that we might forget like, "Be ready to benture body and blood, wealth and honor, for the word of God."
10 Points of a Good Preacher
1. Teach so that people can follow you.
2. Have a good sense of humor.
3. Be able to speak well.
4. Have a good voice.
5. Have a good memory.
6. Know when to stop.
7. Be sure of one's doctrine.
8. Be ready to venture body and blood, wealth and honor, for the word of God.
9. Suffer oneself to be mocked and jeered by all.
10. Be ready to accept patiently that fact that nothing is seen more quickly in preachers than their faults.