I’m RJ and I love what I get to do. I’m a husband to my wonderful wife, Jessica, and dad to our son Elijah. I love youth ministry and get the chance to serve as the Middle School Minister at the church my wife and I have grown up at, Faith Lutheran Church in Troy, Michigan. I’m starting seminary at Concordia Seminary in St. Louis, MO through their Specific Ministry Pastor program in the fall. I also occasionally hack together some code for iPhone and iPad apps for my software company.
My goal with this blog is to write. I love to write about the things I’m passionate about. I love ministry, good theology, and technology. I’ll also make sure to occasionally share a little bit of life stuff so you can get to know me a little bit better.
Signing up for e-mail updates will allow you to get the latest posts in your inbox without ever having to miss a post. Plus you can specify whether you’d like the updates to come every day or limit it to once a week. All you have to do is enter your email address below and you’ll start receiving updates; don’t worry, I will never share your email address with anyone.
Some Youth Ministry Stuff I’m up To:
- I created a confirmation curriculum called Family Based Confirmation.
- I developed a youth ministry resource for the iPhone called Clips.
- I lead our church’s middle school ministry.
Some Posts To Get Started:
As I’ve been blogging, there have occasionally been posts that either have been significantly more popular than others or I simply enjoyed them more than the others. If you haven’t been following the blog for long, I would love for you to check out some of my favorite posts.
A few of my favorites:
- Everyone Poops…even Jesus
- What’s up with Lutherans?
- How to Get Started With Google Reader
- You Are Called to Where You Already Are
- Stand Up, Speak Up, and Shut Up – 3 Tips on Preaching
- If you want to e-mail me, feel free and I’d be happy to chat
- Follow me on twitter; it’s one of my favorite places to connect
- Add me as a friend on Facebook
Some stuff you should know:
- I might make money from my blog, here’s my disclosure policy of how this works.